Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Words for today ...

Oct. 7th - Went to CS again this am to teach drawing and spent the afternoon painting with Neil.  Both were about 1 and 2 point perspective!  I guess I’m on the right track … gotta do the basics before you can more on to the more complicated stuff!  Anyway, in Neil’s class, we copied a painting he had taken a picture of while he was at the Met in NY – an artist named (I think he said) John Sargent.  I did ok with it … I need to practice a whole lot more!  Afterward, I went to pick up William from work  - he’s been working for Ted and Audrey Bennett – while I was waiting for him I had wonderful talk with Audrey.  They think we need to go into ‘flipping houses’ to earn money – something I’ve considered in the past, looked up, etc.  It’s definitely something to think about …

Oct. 8 – what my friends on FB have to say – great words for today!:  Michael Smart – “Reading Jer. 32&33 this morning.  Here's is what GOD spoke to me: GOD will use our own sin against us and let that sin destroy all that we THINK is what WE WANT. And GOD will allow that destruction to to turn our faces BACK TO HIM. Were in his UNFAILING LOVE HE WAITS TO FULLY RESTORE US.
Mel Bond - You can have the same joy that God has! Nehemiah 8:10
It is a decision we make! Things and people cannot give your true joy. How can you keep joy? You keep joy by keeping God's Word! Allow God's love to RULE in your life so you have God's joy! 
Jesse Duplantis - God never just fills a cup to the top; He causes it to run over! That’s just His way. He isn’t looking to give you just enough; He’s looking to give you more than enough! So never be afraid to expect great things from the Lord. Doesn’t 1 Corinthians 2:9 say, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him? He loves you! And His heart’s desire is that you love Him too!
Jesus is real! He is inside you and that is as close as He can get! So, if He planted Himself right there inside of you, isn’t it obvious that He wants to talk? God isn’t interested in how holy and flowery you can sound. Unless you already speak eloquently and it’s in your nature, forget about trying to sound good. Just be yourself. God already knows who you are. He made you. Remember, prayer isn’t for Him to get to know you. Prayer is for you to get to know Him!

[this was yesterdays] You never read about Jesus criticizing somebody’s tunic or sandals! But, you do hear Him get aggravated over people who acted holy outwardly, but were hypocrites in reality.
That means He is not looking at your forearms to determine whether you can share His Gospel with others. He’s not looking to see if you have too much makeup on. God is not shallow that He would stop you from coming to Him because of something external. No, God is concerned with your heart and mind. When you allow Him to transform the way you think, it will always be a positive thing. (Samuel 16:7, Romans 12:2)
Tracy Owens - Proverbs 15:8 (KJV)The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.” 
Proverbs 31 Ministries - "Doesn't it take your breath away for a moment to hear God say, 'I love you'? To which we, in our sinfulness, must certainly respond, 'Why?'  And then to hear him answer, 'Because you're my child.' To which we ask the obvious question, 'Why would I, a hopeless sinner, now be called your cherished child?'   Only to hear him say, 'Because I wanted you, and I came to get you so that you might know me as Father.'" ~David Platt, "Follow Me".  "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. " ~1 John 3:1
Joseph Prince - Because you are God’s favored child, He will cause you to thrive and be bountifully fruitful in both good and bad times (Gen 26:1–4)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've
found something which helped me. Thanks a lot!

Here is my web page; Restore My Vision Today Review