Friday, November 22, 2013

Signs and pain ...

I had a cold walk to the store this morning.  SNOW!  It snowed yesterday, but I played hooky from the store to stay immobile all day – I had pulled a muscle in my neck Monday night, went in to the store Tues. but had such a bad headache and some neck pain that by 3 pm I went home and took a 2 hr. nap.  By Wednesday, I could barely move my neck and when I did, it sent it into spasms.  I prayed continually all day.  I picked William, Justin, and John up at noon and took them out to lunch and after that I went to the store and got a pack of frozen spinach  to put on my neck (I know, sounds funny, but it works! – I used to use frozen peas on my kids).  I ‘wore’ that off and on the rest of the day, but kept working (painting signs for a local business).  I was in so much pain that night and next morning, I stayed home.  It was a good day of rest though – maybe God was trying to tell me to slow down and rest once in awhile.



I kinda felt bad not being at my store, because right after I left Tuesday (I heard later), Kayla and Tiffany showed up and actually waited for me (I shouldn’t have put the ‘be back later’ sign up K - I was going to come back for prayer meeting at 7, so I thought it worked …) .  I was also supposed to have the 9th grade girl come back in to do artwork as well – totally forgot.  I don’t know who may have showed up yesterday, but at least I feel a whole lot better today.  I’m going to take it real easy today.

On Wed. I hand-painted a new sign for my store to place under the window.  While I was hanging it up, someone walked by and said, "Oh, I thought this was the dog place too, I didn't know you were in here doing artwork."  Wow, I always thought it was very obvious (paintings on the outside and inside!) but I hope this sign works!


0 Comments: