Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Arts as a Move of God!

What an interesting week.  I had 20 girl scouts come in to paint on Saturday.  What was so funny about that is that I had been e-mailing one person back and forth about the date and details and then dealing with another person via phone – I thought they were the same person!!  I had scheduled a group for 10 am Sat. and another for 1 pm.  So when 12 of them came in Saturday morning, I thought that was it, and when the 1 pm group came in, I thought they had ‘missed’ it and said so.  Then when more kids came in, I realized what had happened.  Wow!  What an experience!   I have to make sure of whom I am speaking with in the future!


I also had another revelation this week.  I didn’t realize how wide-spread this move of the Spirit is in the arts.  Dan Goddard, a pastor we knew in Oregon, who had moved on to Louisiana, had opened a pottery house for ministry - http://schoolofpottery.com/  !  He started a discussion forum on Linkedin and there are many others out there in the arts with places like ours, giving their talents as gifts to their neighborhoods!  Wow, how cool is that.  God speaks about the artist in Ex. 31.  I am always amazed at how God works; He used his chosen people back then to build His temple, it is no different now – we are temples of the Holy Spirit – so it makes sense to use our God-given talents to ‘build’ within the ‘temples’ of His living sacrifices.  Wow, God is awesome!

0 Comments: