Saturday, February 8, 2014

God DOES paint!

The entire gospel is spelled out in the Book of Job … basically He is God, you are not.  He can bring glory to His name however He wants.  What a testimony – the oldest book in the bible and Job’s story is still inspiring others to keep going forward, believing what they know and hear from God and not what the world around them says.  If you are not in Christ and He not in you, you could look at where this world, this country is going and be ‘scared to death’ literally.  But when you realize that God is in control, and when you keep your eyes on Him alone, you are transported into another dimension – that of Joy, Peace, Hope, and your Faith continues to grow.  What amazes me is how people get so wrapped up in what is being said on talk radio, what they see in the news, etc. and get so fearful, they can’t even see God.  Of course you can’t see God IN the enemy’s work; however, you CAN see God in what he does WITH the enemy’s work when you KEEP YOU EYES ON GOD!

Pain and suffering from your past CAN have good come from it … I am living proof of that, and I don’t care how bad the pain and suffering was … I’m not going to play ‘top that one’; the point is, when you get past the past and look to God and HIS future for you, miracles happen on a daily basis.  God uses the bad, He is not the author of bad.  He gave us free choice and He gave free will to those who used and hurt you, but it is up to you as to what you do with it all.  The old adage “it can make you bitter or better” is true … it’s up to you and your attitude and WHO you look UP to.
One of this week's paintings finished (I started it months ago!)

I’ve been in the Book of Matthew a lot lately, especially chapter 10 … I seem to be drawn back to that over and over.  When God does that to you, keep asking Him to let you see deeper.  The Word is LIVING and there are multiple layers, depending on how deep you are WILLING to let the Holy Spirit lead you.  “How dead are you to self” is what I keep asking myself.  How far are you willing are to let God lead you … I’ve been listening to Hillsong United all week: 
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw&list=RDHcnfT4arZtI  even to the point of singing LOUD and dancing around my studio.  I have big windows in my place and I don’t care (and a lot of people look in!) … the point is, how far are you willing to ‘look the fool’ for Christ.  I’ve been listening to this song over and over:
Oceans, Where Feet may fail
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Wow, it really gets me.  In going through my day, dealing with various people, giving counsel, etc. people may look at me, at the surface and say “who are you to be saying …”  Well, God says.  He told me to live in the Kingdom of Heaven.  I am totally blessed because God lives IN me and He flows through me to say or do certain things.  It’s like the other day, I said to Him, “Ok, you get to paint today.  You use my hands and create the artwork. “  I was blown away by what He came up with, because I know I’m not that good.  It’s no different than when you say, “You speak through me, or do this or that through me today to minister to someone.”  In other words, I am available to be used by You no matter what it is.

One of the paintings God did through me this week!  I was even blown away.

People may look at us (my husband and I) and say, you must not be in the God’s will or you must be doing something wrong because God is not blessing you (and they always mean financially when they say this).   Just because we have to go get a food box once in awhile because every cent we earn goes to two rents, two sets of utilities, etc. and there is nothing left over, that doesn’t mean we are out of God’s will.  In fact, God has shown us over and over (almost daily) that we are totally where He wants us.  First off, they don’t understand the word ‘blessed’, nor do they understand that throughout history, God has used people in a powerful way and they NEVER had much if any money.  Just look at the bible alone, let alone the other thousands of stories (like Jesus Freaks or Foxes Book of Martyrs).  Sure God uses money to get things done; however, His greatest works are miracles that don’t take money or whatever – that’s when He gets the greatest blessings.


I had the most wonderful week with God and He blesses me with wonderful songs to sing, a studio to dance and paint in, people to speak encouraging words to (and they back to me), and on and on I could go and I don’t look to this world’s god (money) to make me happy.  Sure, I got excited this week when I sold $40 worth of art supplies, but that doesn’t make or break my day.  God brought us to Colorado to be used by Him (and we don’t have an agenda – God does – and he lets us in on it in His timing) and I believe we are totally in His will and doing what He asked us to do at this time.
God totally did this one, I didn't even 'see' the Lion of Judah until after it was done.

0 Comments: