Thursday, March 13, 2014

More stories ...

I forgot to tell a story from a week or so ago.  This one really blew me away – this guy and his wife came in asking questions about the place, what we do, etc. and while he was wandering around, he saw a picture on the floor behind my easel that I had painted several months ago.  It was one that I ‘came up with in my head’.  I usually look at a picture I’ve taken and paint what I see, maybe making a few alterations, but this one was something I envisioned.  I was unhappy with it  because it wasn’t coming out like I was seeing, so I put it aside to gesso over it and make another painting.  So this buy saw it, picked it up and got really excited.  He told of how he was on assignment in Afghanistan, had seen and been a part of battles that he wished he hadn’t, etc. and one day, he came to this beautiful valley that gave him peace.  He said that was exactly as I had painted it!  The painting was mountains in the background, a beautiful sunset shining light off the mountains, valley, etc. and a stream running through the middle with Jesus walking beside.  He got so excited because when he had seen this valley, he envisioned Jesus walking beside the stream!  So I gave him the picture – he went away so happy.  It blew me away because I was going to trash the painting!

Another cool thing that happened that week was that this mother/daughter team that comes in periodically gave me 4 gallons of tempera paint!  They have been so generous picking things up for me, coming in with clay, tons of other supplies,  information, etc.  They’ve been awesome.  I also started ESL classes that same week – it seems to be exactly what they needed!   Since I am also a board member of the Fountain Downtown Events Association, we had a meeting and I’m to create a web page for this group, listing all activities AND tying into other city-wide activities – kind of a central calendar location; also a place for me to put the information about the Music and Art festival I’m trying to bring together.  I wish I had help with this since I have no idea what I am doing.
Pikes Peak covered in snow.


I also had another miracle happen today – I went to court to deal with that speeding ticked (YES, I remembered this time to go!!) and I got what I asked for!  I asked for the 4 points to be taken away and at least half (I wanted all, but half is ok) of the costs taken off ($150 something to $125, so that’s better) because, like I told him, that was my first ticket in 16 years (2nd in 37 years) and I told him about the ministry across the street, witnessed to him a bit – he asked, “Why did you come to Fountain” … my answer, “God told us to come here” …. Totally stopped him in his tracks ….

0 Comments: