Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Overwhelmed but not Destroyed!


Wow, all ‘hell’ broke loose yesterday in the shop, but God showed up in a big way as well.  At first, William and I came into the shop early to do a few things, then William was going to go find a phone to call a person he had lined up with to do some work – he was hoping to earn enough yesterday to pay on the electric bill – but God had other plans, and I thank Him for that.  While we were talking, a guy came in all fired up in the Lord, said he was from Arizona.  We had a wonderful testimony time, etc. and then the kids started filing in.  

Right away, the two girls who had the conflict the last couple weeks started into each other: name calling, arguing, etc., trying to establish who was going to be in there and not, etc.  While I was trying to tell them that they are both welcome but they had to be nice to each other and speak nicely while in there or take it outside.  I had tried to get them to make up with each other last week, but even since, rebuttals and retribution had escalated over the weekend.  While I was in the middle of that, two adults got into it – last week there were accusations of stealing between them and of course, both came to me with their story and got me in the mix of it all.  The same thing I told the girls, I told them – make up with each other, apologize and forgive – they would have nothing to do with that and voices raised, one’s mother got involved, etc and etc.  I tried to take them outside to discuss how to resolve their issues and it continued to escalate.  By this point, the guy from Arizona and William stepped in and talked with all parties involved and calmed everyone down – I was so overwhelmed by that point, had a full house of many kids getting many projects out, chaos reigned, etc. all I could do is go in the back room and start praying, casting demons one direction and another, etc and etc., praying for peace to be restored and so on.  I was so discombobulated the rest of the day, all I could do was try to maintain my own peace of mind, sit and just listen to music, etc. – by the time I got home that evening, I was so wiped out all I could do was fall asleep.

Needless to say, William never did go to that job he was to do, he was pretty much in the shop most of the day.  He did; however, manage to raise the $103. (from borrowing to returning something to the store we got a few weeks ago, etc) needed to keep the electricity on here at the shop – literally the last $14. came in 2 minutes to 5 when I ran over to the electric company (at City Hall across the street) and paid it.


When I did finally awake last night (around 9 pm), William and I talked and prayed into the situation.  We decided to limit certain people from coming in (until they make up with each other), put them on a schedule, and to re-institute the weekly bible study – over the winter and spring, I had adults, but now that the kids are here, Wednesday mornings will be bible study time.

0 Comments: