Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Having fun painting ...

William went back to work.  I talked with Bethany today and finally sent her a very long letter.  Krystal came in and worked on her oil painting, turned out cool.  

Krystal was working on perspective in oils

She started a ‘zentangle’ as well – wanted to paint with acrylics AND use markers.  She was quiet today, just wanted to create artwork.  She loves what she has done so far.  She usually spends lunch time there, so I feed her as well.  I can’t seem to get to my painting and drawing with so much computer work to do, so much basic ‘maintenance’ type things to do.  I found an alternative for the bed problem!  I fell asleep instantly last night since I was so tired.  I had to soak in the tub since I was so sore from painting on the ladder yesterday.  But in the middle of the night, again, I started tossing and turning, kept William awake.  About 4:30 am he mentioned it so I left the room and sat on his office chair for awhile, then got into the tub again to soak out the pain.  Got back into bed about 5:30 am and fell right asleep.  I woke up at 8:30 and William was gone.  So the solution:  we get two single sized blow up mattresses to put on top of the queen sized – he can keep his hard as a rock and I can keep my side soft – that should solve it!
Krystal's artwork
Sept. 19 – I went to Colorado Springs, downtown today.  I had to check out where I would be teaching next week: The Presbyterian Church.  Wow, they have a ton of things going on there!  Not only does it have a congregation of 4,000, but they hold classes all week for the community – MOPS, English (ESL) classes, as well as the Sheppard’s Art Institute.  I’m glad I checked it out today, rather than waiting until Monday.  I met the coordinator, Maggie, there, saw my room and found that I only have 3 people signed up for my drawing class and only 1 for the music and art history.  I guess I’ll cancel the music and just go for the drawing.  I spent hours on the notes, handouts, and PP for those classes!  I also went to pick up my hearing aids.  Wow, what a difference when I put those in!  It is amazing how much more I can hear.  William will be glad, he is tired of having to repeat himself!  I didn’t get back to the gallery until after 1, but I didn’t stay long.  Since tonight is prayer meeting, I had to get home to cook dinner.
I worked on this one, just for fun!

Sept. 20 – No one came to prayer meeting last night, but that was OK, we spent some quality time in prayer AND listened to another sermon on Sermon Index – one of the last sermons given by Clendening – awesome stuff.  Krystal is enjoying being here and doing artwork.  I am glad I am here for her, she’s talked quite a bit about her life and she finds art therapeutic.  That’s good.  I started a new painting for Carol today, since I scrapped the last one.  I just have it blocked out.  I hope this one turns out better than the last one - I hope she'll like it!
Hopefully, this will turn out better than the last one!

0 Comments: