Saturday, October 5, 2013

Winter is here!

It was very cold today and yesterday – actually, because of the wind, yesterday was colder, but the temp was warmer.  It snowed in the mountains, winter is finally here - almost anyway.   Everyone’s been saying how it will be a hard winter – lots of snow.  Who knows, maybe Farmer’s Almanac.  

Pikes Peak with Colorado Springs city in the foreground


William took another day off – I let him sleep in and I walked to the store.  I’ve been doing that most everyday; I need the exercise.   Haven’t seen him much yesterday or today – I was at the store all day and he was at home and ran a few errands; he did bring me lunch again – that was awesome.  We need time together to go have fun.   We are so busy ALL the time.  We finally got the 501c3 stuff in the mail today – I sent that off over a month ago, and William is officially ordained and licensed through Calvary Temple.  Only one couple came in to check out the store today.  Locals doing laundry and were bored  - I told them about what we do here, but they didn’t seem too interested.    I spent most of the day trying to find income – checking out sites and put our place on IBO – a new business connection site – it’s more for online ‘at home’ businesses, but maybe something will come of it.  I updated my other blog/website – haven’t done so since July.   If I pursued that one and get it posed everywhere (like that IBO site), maybe something will come of that.  I did a couple art pieces in prep for kids – I need to find a way to advertize to get more kids in here.  I finished my wheat picture – Facebook people liked it.  Marilyn Sullivan suggested I keep it simple, so I did.   

We opted for prayer meeting/church service tonight since David calls our evening service church.  All but Ryan and Nicole were there.  They seem to get a lot out of it – we talked a bit, shared what we were thankful for, put the music on for praise time, then listened to that sermon again by David O’Neill – very good stuff – I needed to hear that again.  William had David read 1 Cor. 2 prior to that – it seems to go well with it.

0 Comments: