Thursday, November 14, 2013

City Hall meeting

KC dropped off butcher paper this morning – I started Audrey’s signs.   Tiffany came by with a few things for me (she had brought me several things a few weeks ago like art supplies, shelves, etc.) including a winter coat!  Anyway, we got to talking and it looks like they will be transferred either to the east coast or to South Korea sometime in the spring.  She told me how she didn’t want to sell her house because they will be back here in a couple years, so she asked how I would like to live in her house and rent out the extra rooms and basically, live there for free if we take in enough renters.  WOW!  That was a shock!  I’ve only know her a few weeks.  Anyway, she’s got this 5 bedroom house, full basement, big garage, back yard and if we took 1 room and rented out the other 4 (all mortgage and utilities come up to around $1700), we could do it.  She took me to her house and showed me around.  She would also want us to do some landscaping (put up their aboveground pool – ya! No problem!) and replace the deck AND I could put in a garden!!  I am totally all over that – if God wants us to do this, you betcha I’d be all over that!

We went to a city hall meeting at 6 and it was about revitalizing the downtown of Fountain and about how to get more businesses and tourists into town.  We listened to the presentation for 2 hours (William got tired of it and left toward the end), but it sounds real interesting what they plan to do – including doing some mural work and park landscaping with artwork.  Anyway, after the meeting, I went up to a couple city hall people and the presenter and told them that I had the art gallery across the street and was an artist who does murals and mosaic work.  The one guy got real excited and yelled out, “we found our artist!”  Wow, I just might get to do some big-time art in the area!  They thought it was cool I did that mural in the front of my building.



November 15 – Because of last night’s meeting, I made arrangements to borrow the ladder from the Beckett’s again and worked on the mural.  I want to get this thing done!  While we were picking up the ladder this morning, Audrey had told us we could also get the glass shelves (because they were just going to throw them away).  That was totally awesome because someone donated those metal strips and shelf holders a while back and all I needed was display shelves to put on them!  Wow, now I can finish up the inside like I’ve been wanting – more display shelves!   I got to my studio early in order to get caught up on some work and Jim from down the street came over to talk.  Wow, an hour and a half later, I was finally able to go in and get to work!  Maxcene came over with her painting supplies (she had been painting the façade of the entire building the past week) and so I helped her, then Krystal came along and wanted to help.  While we were outside painting, an old lady coming in and wanted to talk – she basically told me her whole life story and we got down to the fact that she had been going to church her entire life, but didn’t know much at all about the gospel, about who the remnant were (she asked specifically about the 144,000) and I talked quite a bit about all that and how she can get close to God by just spending a bit of time with Him each day.  I gave her a devotional and told her to spend at least 10 minutes a day reading that and getting into the word and talking with God and I told her to come back in and let me know how it was going – I guaranteed her that if she did that, her life would change!   Kayla came in after that and we visited.  She had found out yesterday that when she went to Subway thinking she was starting a job that day, it was really just a half-hour interview – I hope she does still get the job!

0 Comments: