Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Newspaper Article

November 13 – yesterday, I took my neighbor to a few places to apply for a job and since I didn’t get to my studio until after 11, I guess Josh came by to hang out and I wasn’t here!  I’m here everyday by 9 or 10 and the first time in over 3 weeks I’m late, I had someone here waiting for me!   Poor guy, he even walked down – 3 miles.    AWESOME – the newspaper article was finally out!  We got a great review – great article:
“God’s House of Vision Opens in Fountain; Offers Free Art & Music Lessons
William and Roberta Hayes recently opened “God’s House of Vision,” a non-profit ministry house and art gallery, at 101 S Main St., Fountain.  William is an evangelist and minister of the Gospel.  The couple holds prayer meetings beginning at 7 pm Tuesdays and Saturdays.  A Bible-study is held from 1-3 pm Wednesdays.
Roberta offers free art lessons to the area youth, adults and “anybody who wants an opportunity to learn art.”  During November and December, a children’s art class is offered from 10am-noon Saturdays.  Also, on Saturdays an adult oil class is offered from 2-4 pm, an adult basic class is offered from 2-4 pm Tuesdays and an adult watercolor class is offered from 1-3 pm Thursdays.
“Anybody can come in from 10 am to 5 pm Tues-Sat and do their own art, as well,” Roberta said.  “I provide a variety of supplies, from scrap booking and drawing materials to oils, acrylics, watercolors, etc.  All the classes are free but we are a donation-supported ministry so if you choose to make a donation that would be great.”  She added, “several students do painting projects after school during free art time.”
The retired K-12 art and music teacher offers music lessons as well.  “I also offer flute and oboe lessons to whoever would like those,” she said.  “There have been several people who have come in and taken advantage of the lessons and are having a great time.”
In the spring, the couple is hoping to hold an open music night Fridays and Saturdays.  “We want musicians to come in and play their music and for people to have an alternative place to hang out,” she said.  “We plan on putting chairs, tables, and benches out front for this as well, so the music can spill out onto the streets.”
The couple is planning on several special activities during the Cowboy Christmas Dec. 14 in downtown Fountain.  “I will be open that day doing special workshops with kids (and adults) creating Christmas cards and a special watercolor painting of snowy mountains,” Roberta said.  “Also, I have been asked to play my flute (Christmas music) for the event.  I will play sometime during the day at the elementary school.”
On Dec. 22, William and Roberta will be holding a Christmas Caroling event at 7-m on the city hall lawn.  Coffee, hot chocolate and Christmas songbooks will be provided.  “We just want to be a blessing to the neighborhood,” Roberta concluded.” 
this is the picture they used in the article



I also started another new IWU class finally – I had a few weeks break between classes, which of course, means no money coming in.  It’s already slim with just one IWU class without having to have breaks between.  Oh well, I have to rely on God to provide for us.  What was so amazing is that 3 years ago, William prophesied that my work would be ‘drying up’ because God had other things for me to do – wow, I guess this is part of it – I have to get used to little or no income until God allows this ministry to provide at least a break-even point.  Around 4, I picked up Justin and Audrey was there – she wants me to do these three huge signs for her.  Cool.   She’ll be getting butcher block paper to me sometime this week for me to get started.

0 Comments: