Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Friends

Tiffany and her daughter came in and did artwork today.  They had come in a few days ago, along with her son and both kids are so excited to be coming in to do art; however, today the boy was off doing something else.  We had an awesome conversation – I guess Tiffany’s husband is in the military and she has a real heart for helping people.  She was saying how she likes to take people in and feed them and help them in a variety of ways.   Kayla was there today, sitting there doing artwork as well, and they got into a conversation – this is so awesome, because the two really hit it off and Tiffany wants to help teach Kayla how to cook!  We then got to talking about how our ministry operates and she started telling us about the Restoration Church – she had to leave to pick up her son, who was there doing some type of activity and she asked if we wanted to go with her to pick him up and perhaps, meet the pastor.  So I put my “be back in a minute” sign and took off(what’s funny, sometimes when I put up that sign, I’m gone an hour or two!)  – the pastor wasn’t there, Tiffany showed us the greenhouse – I guess the church grows things there and helps feed the people – real cool.  We also saw some really cool artwork done by the youth pastor’s wife – I guess they do something along the lines that we do – give art lessons/therapy and do artwork that glorifies God.  I told William tonight, that we need to go to that church next Sunday (he already had plans to go to the Baptist Church this week.) because I think there’s a great connection there.


Prayer meeting tonight was great – John, his wife, and son came out.  Justin, Josh, William and I made up the rest of the group (some of David’s kids are sick again) and it was a great time.  I had met a couple, their kids and grandkids a couple weeks ago who came to prayer meeting one night when William couldn’t come in – I was hoping to see them again. 
Sunset over our apartments in Fountain


Nov 11 – Today I took Kayla to find a job – we went to the Subway and the manager told her to come back Thursday at 3:30!  Wow, that was cool – we’ve been praying for her to get a job because she owes $100 for her rent and she needs to get dog food like right now.  We ran a couple errands, then I took her to Neil’s to learn how to do oil painting.  She loves learning about new art techniques; however, I guess it wasn’t a good idea to take her there.  It was a full class, another new girl was there, and I was at the other end of the room and didn’t hear everything, but I guess Kayla got upset, didn’t like Neil touching her painting (but that is how one learns in this class) and she was upset because the other girl got more attention/instruction and she was left clueless on what to do, etc and etc.  Anyway, I had hoped it would be a good thing for her, but I’m not sure this is the format to take her into.  After class, I brought her home for dinner and she enjoyed that.

0 Comments: