Friday, November 8, 2013

My first sale!

This day is going better so far!  In fact, yesterday turned out so much better after I forgot about the morning’s events and focused on God the rest of the day.  Poor William didn’t get home until almost 8 last night.  He was so tired, he could barely stay awake for very long.   I am praying big time, that God intercede, start making the ministry house support itself, so William doesn’t have to work so hard!

We had a great discussion this morning before William went to work, on Psalm 98 – God is awesome!   I was busy writing in my journal and doing my bible readings when I had a visitor – she was really here on business, but it turned out to be a wonderful conversation.  She works for Comcast and was checking on how I liked the service, but I told her I was going to have to cancel because I can’t afford the internet at the store.  So we got to talking, it turned to ministry, what we do here, then she started telling me about her 16-year old son who is an artist, she showed me some of his artwork (on her phone) and so she ended up buying a pencil set and sketch pad from my store!!  My first sale!  We’ve been taking donations thus far, but this was my first actual sale … I was so excited.


After she left, two guys came in, one was the same that came by last month talking about the homeless feed that he does on Saturday mornings in Colorado Springs.  He was telling me how much the people were enjoying the “Our Daily Breads” he was handing out (he got them from me) and I told him I should be getting my shipment of Dec, Jan, Feb edition soon.  We had a great conversation and then someone else came in and he left.     Anyway, later Joy came in and we did a painting.  She’s having a fun time coming in and painting with me.  I missed seeing Kayla today ... I hope she comes in again soon.

0 Comments: