Monday, April 21, 2014

Resurrection Sunday

Resurrection Sunday’s service turned out well – I was hoping for more people to come out (we saw many with their windows open and people sitting on their porch or hanging out the window to give a listen).  
We handed out 200 flyers, inviting the neighborhood to the park (Lindamood) across from where we live.  We sang a few songs, William preached a simple message, then we had an Easter egg hunt for the kids – my neighbors stuffed 133 plastic eggs with candy – I was so impressed by those kids, ages 6 & 8, who stuffed them all, but didn’t eat a single piece of candy!  When I found out, I made sure they had a nice supply of candy.  I had put together 3 baskets of art supplies and we gave out several items, including bubbles, sidewalk chalk, stuffed bunnies, etc.  The kids were quite pleased with the day, and I found out later that the kids were getting into trouble by the apartment management for putting ‘graffiti’ on the sidewalks!  I found out that kids, nowhere in town, are allowed to ‘graffiti’ the sidewalk!  Kids aren’t allowed to be kids anymore!


We plan to host other events in our neighborhood – potlucks in the park, maybe a movie night here and there – projecting it on one of the buildings, and other preaching opportunities.

0 Comments: