Monday, July 28, 2014

Art as a ministry

wow, a real day off!  I’m just sitting in my room, reading, relaxing, playing on the computer … I rarely get this.  William has a job today (I don’t know about the rest of the week) – he had one small one to finish up last week and was off most of last week.   I was really hoping he had a job all this week so we could actually pay our rent on time this next month (my income only covers one of the rents).  Oh well, we have to totally rely on God’s provisions – I am still praying for work for him the rest of this week – I hope something comes in for him.


Yesterday was great, going to church out in the park with Times of Refreshing Tabernacle and the other church group (I can’t remember their name).  We’ve been to the one 3 x now and really love their preaching – the fire of the real Word – rare in these days!  Great BBQ and interaction – especially with this one guy new to town.  He had come into my shop about a month ago or so.  He is a wonderful artist and he had come in and asked if he could show me some of his work and he asked for me to tell him if “it was good enough”.  I was totally blown away by what he had brought in and told him, “Dude, this is AWESOME!  I totally want you to bring in your work and hang it in my studio.”  I also invited him to show his stuff at the music and art festival.  I didn’t see him again until yesterday, when I saw several of his pieces sitting around the gazebo – totally awesome stuff!  Most stories right out of the bible (now I wished I took pictures of his stuff yesterday) – shipwreck of Paul, crucifixion scenes, fishermen, etc.  His technique and skill is awesome.  Anyway, I reminded him to come into my shop and talk and hang his stuff!  He said he would come by … I sure hope so!  I want him to teach me as well!  He’s a young guy and very non-assuming and humble, named Lee.
William likes to dress up and amuse the kids at the studio.

0 Comments: