Saturday, September 28, 2013

Income

We had gone to The Springs South Church Wed. night thinking it was prayer meeting, but they changed things up on us … it was some teen party thing going on, so we didn’t stay; however, before we left, Sylvia donated $60 to our ministry.  It was such awesome timing, because I had spent grocery money on getting art supplies from the dollar store!  I set the time for this Saturday for the neighborhood kids to come in for art and didn’t have enough supplies.   Great timing!



Great morning in my studio, painting, drawing, creating many new things to get ready for kids.  The neighborhood kids were invited to come today, but only 1 showed up with her parents.  That’s ok, we had a good time.  This is a start – I need to get the word out more and have set times every week so people will get used to it.  I had some visitors come it today – a couple high school girls wanting to sell advertising – that would be great if I had some money to advertise with!  I told them I would get back to them on that ….  I had just figured up the books for beginning a business:  a little over $400 income and a little over $1900 outgo … not bad for a start up, but I do need to come up with more income!  Yesterday and today I had two different couples come in from two different homeless feeds in CS.  We had an awesome talk about the work and how rewarding it is.  They seem to have the same heart we do for the work – the spent their own $$ and a lot of their own time ‘going the extra mile’ to help the homeless.  I gave this one couple several good ideas and several pointers that we had learned over the years – I hope they follow up on these things and it helps them.  Their names are "Strings" and "Joy" - they're also musicians! There’s a feed on Sat. am in CS that they have invited us to help with called "More than a Meal" https://www.facebook.com/pages/More-Than-A-Meal/433716765573  … when we are available on a Sat. morning, we will go.  We’ve been so busy lately …

0 Comments: